Each of the public schools in New York City has a School Leadership Team (SLT) to ensure a quality education. The SOF SLT meets monthly and attendance is open to all parents, students, faculty, and administration. Meetings are usually held on the first or second Tuesday of the month at 4:30 p.m.
While the agenda of SLT meetings will vary from month to month, the topics are focused on the mission and goals of SOF and how our curriculum meets them.
The SLT includes parents, students, and SOF administration and faculty. The other representatives, including two to four students and five SOF administration and faculty members as well as the selection of a chairperson, will be completed in the fall. The parent members of the SLT were elected in June.
The bylaws of the SLT includes the following core responsibilities:
• The development and implementation of SOF’s mission and goals
• The development and implementation of SOF’s comprehensive educational plan (CEP) to further its mission and achieve those goals, including the alignment of the CEP with SOF’s budget.
• To ensure full representation of all constituencies in the establishment and the fulfillment of goals including but not limited to:
- Design, implementation, and assessment of curricula and instructional materials and methods
- Assessment of data to develop educational goals, strategies, and programs
- Staff selection, creation, implementation, and assessment of programs
- Formulation of staff development objectives and accompanying on and offsite activities and workshops
- Maintenance of building environment, safety, and security
- And provision of a healthy and complete student life and environment
To review a full copy of the SLT bylaws, please click here.