We are all in this together . . . students, faculty, staff, and families. Let’s support our community both in and out of the School of the Future building. Now more than ever we need to band together to bolster our school community. With funding depleted from Covid-19, vital programs need support. We’ve invested in specialized educational software for our teachers to evolve their teaching methods for virtual learning and hope to bring some of these approaches back to “regular school” next year.
The Auction has raised a significant amount of money in the past and we would like to continue the tradition this year as the school needs it more than ever.
In the past we have fundraised to support the arts and enrichment; however, in 2021 our focus is more to supplement shortfalls in funding related to core SoF offerings such as our HS Tutoring program (to support MS students), Technology support, Professional Development to continue with preparedness for next year, and Performing Arts (virtual). Additionally, we hope to move forward with a mental health initiative to meet the social and emotional needs of our students and families with specialized parent group therapy and workshops. And lastly, since more classrooms have been needed, we are exploring roof construction and updates so that we can safely hold classes on the roof.
The auction is sponsored by the Parents’ Association and all donations are tax deductible.
We invite you to support and participate in the event – by joining our committee, by soliciting, offering your own service, sharing with friends and family, bidding on items – whatever you’re willing to do. Support and involvement from all parents is crucial in order to achieve our goals. We thank you for making a huge difference!
Please email us with any questions at [email protected].
SoF’s Annual Online Auction begins May 1st, 2021!
How Can Parents Get Involved
- Solicit two or more donations (per child) of goods or services
- Ask your friends, family & other contacts who have access to “money can’t buy” special experiences, such as in-home chef dinners, backstage access, vacation homes and other valuable items: $250 – $1000+ range.
- Volunteer for an auction committee (Event night – TBD, Restaurants, Fashion, Services, Organization, Corporate outreach campaign & more).
- Email the auction committee to find out more ways to help at [email protected]
- Ask your company to underwrite an auction expense (such as printing, food and beverages, space rental, etc.): $100 – $1,000+ range
- Ask your company to sponsor our online auction (May 1st – May 12th, 2021).
- Attend the auction – TBD pending pandemic.
We will host our auction online that enables us to sell items to friends & family and other supporters around the country.
Participate in the online auction
- Purchase Tickets and Online Auction
- Online Donation Form
- Download Printable Auction Form
- Auction Cover Letter
- Ideas For Soliciting Donations
- Corporate Sponsorship
- Donor & Donation Details: Make out checks to SOF Parents’ Association. or donate online. Mail auction donations & materials to: School of the Future, 127 East 22nd Street, New York, N.Y. 10010
- Auction donations may also be dropped off in the Office
- To obtain a copy of our 501c3 determination letter, please email [email protected]